Thursday, April 9, 2020

Thursday, April 9, 2020
Good Morning Susie’s Super friends.

I spoke with Susie yesterday. Our conversations are now brief to conserve her strength for talking with her family. Here are her words to all of us.

I woke up this morning happy. I look around me at my surroundings and I have the bedroom of my dreams. I think about others who wake up in my similar situation and don’t have a room like this. A staff member came in this morning and told me I had better get going because I have a stack of mail to go through. Now I have a stack of about 200 cards to open and read. This is great, keep them coming. 

John was able to come by for a brief visit today and I spent some time with Frank. 

Words from Susie’s BFF Rebecca:
Susie is a woman of wit and wisdom, dignity and integrity. She is a rare breed and we are all better for having known her. I am blessed to have her in my life for over 40 years.

Words from Sherry:
I had the honor to go by Susie’s new place on Palm Sunday. The Baptist Reynolds Hospice House is beautiful and the grounds are equally so.   Susie can have family only visit her patio which is approximately 10 x 12 with a lovely view of the pond on the grounds. While there Susie can open the plantation shutters on her French doors which allows her to sit at the window in the recliner and see her family on the patio. They can talk by cell phone. (No calls or text please)

Over the next few days, she will get to see both sons Jack and Frank. Nothing brings her more joy than her better than seeing her sons.

Thank you for reading and loving Susie with us!
Sherry Rich

Honoring a beautiful lady - Arrangements

On May 31, 2020, Susie succumbed to a fast growing metastatic cancer that was diagnosed in mid-March.  Susie was born to Wayn...