Monday, April 13, 2020

Never a Pink kind of Girl

My morning catch up with Susie included a funny story from her. I wish we had time and she had the voice strength to just let her tell me more stories!  She always makes me laugh and I could listen for hours!


Susie’s story...

I was the oldest of four children growing up in Richmond, VA.  I had Three tough little brothers and my cousins were all boys too. I really didn’t have much pink in my wardrobe because I was with boys all of the time.  This card is exactly how I picture myself at age eleven.

There were no ruffles or bows because my family was a golfing family. We always wore button downs and I had a white sweater. I never knew that a purse or shoes came in any color but black or brown. I was the young catholic girl who wore the typical school girl clothing.

I hope through this blog you can find some joy and laugh a little because that will make me happy.  There are tough times and it’s  not all rainbows and unicorns but there is JOY!

Please note the official mailing address for Susie is:

Susie Sullivan
Lakeside Rm 5706
Baptist Reynolds Hospice House
1520 W Poplar Ave
Collierville, TN 38017

Please, no flowers but only cards!
Sherry

Honoring a beautiful lady - Arrangements

On May 31, 2020, Susie succumbed to a fast growing metastatic cancer that was diagnosed in mid-March.  Susie was born to Wayn...