Thursday, April 2, 2020

Christmas Jones in “The World is Not Enough”

Susie says she gets a daily text from her cousin Dr. Richard Hinton of Baltimore. He always asks exactly which Bond Girl she is. She challenged me today to figure out which one she is.

I web searched and landed on a list of 30 Bond Girls. Reading through the names of the Bond Girls and movies, none were striking me as Susie. Until I got to the very last one!  None other than Christmas Jones in “ The World is Not Enough.”

That’s it!  Susie has repeatedly said when she receives her cards, treats and underground items it is “Christmas!”  If you read yesterday’s post, you see she had a great Christmas.

Susie’s joy and strength through this prove that “The World is not Enough!”  So there ya go Dr.  Hinton!

Why “The World is Not Enough” in Susie’s words... (April 2 at 3:45 am)

I awoke with baby Jesus sitting on my chest. My Dream Team is right here with me. I look over memories from yesterday and that was my finest James Bond Movie!  Typing at 3:45am is not ideal but life is not guaranteed or ideal. 
1. Never miss the opportunity to tell someone what they truly mean to you. 
2. Clean out all of that mental and physical stuff we put way too much value in. 
3. Find pure joy and passion then SHARE IT!  Do not hoard it!  There is more on this Earth and in the sky than we can ever see or hide away for a rainy day.  

Yesterday, my phone blew up with questions and texts of genuine concern. I had stepped into my Bond Girl costume and let’s be honest the Spanx took the longest to attire so now I’m going to have my Dream Team cut this Spanx off so I can breathe!  I can’t wait to see pics from my first and last private jet ride. 

On the plane ride I’m sure Randy, the pilot heard me passing 3 x 5 cards (I always keep these in my bag)  to the boys for last minute details. 

Susie cannot let go yet. I have three 3 x 5 cards left and damn I am going to finish them. 
5:09am.  Steroid Susie is going to rest now. 

5:31pm
No worries, my dear friend Jean gifted me some chemo caps I had picked out from Amazon because I thought my hair would be gone by March 19.  When I went to radiation on Friday, March 20th I still had hair. But this is my one step today and I can do this!  Xena Rules (aka Christmas Jones)





Keep Christmas coming with your cards to encourage Susie!

Susie Sullivan
Lakeside Rm 5706
Baptist Reynolds Hospice House
1520 W Poplar Ave
Collierville, TN 38017



Honoring a beautiful lady - Arrangements

On May 31, 2020, Susie succumbed to a fast growing metastatic cancer that was diagnosed in mid-March.  Susie was born to Wayn...