Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Another Day under the Mask of a Ray

Hi all Susie took a day of rest yesterday. She had an early morning date with Ray and he wore her out so she rested. But not until she got these cute new slippers through a “runner”.


And hopefully she was able to take her meds with a sip of this as delivered by a “runner” on Sunday evening.

Just a little glimpse into Susie’s dates with Ray. 



Susie says she is now Xena The Princess Warrior. The hospital staff are all treating her like royalty and taking great care of her every need. 

Here are her latest words:

Everyone wants to help me.  Letting my dog come in????  Early morning date with Ray clears me for rest time complete with my new slippers. Thank you all of my sisters/family for the cards. I just opened the ones my early morning runner delivered. It took cancer for me to know I was surrounded by angels. Thank You. I only wish I could write everyone back. 


My Oncology nurse delivered my favorite. This is the first time ever that I ate one in small bites. Normally, I could eat 2 packs before I got in the car in the grocery parking lot!

I have been Queen of the Week - the hospital cannot do enough. Love and Joy surrounds Parkwest hospital especially with the virus swirling around outside!  

Susie, you deserve to be Queen of the Week. I just wish I could tell you tomorrow that this was an April Fools joke!  Since I can’t we’re just gonna love you through it with all the joy we can!  I love ya lots!  Sherry



Honoring a beautiful lady - Arrangements

On May 31, 2020, Susie succumbed to a fast growing metastatic cancer that was diagnosed in mid-March.  Susie was born to Wayn...